Story & Book By Patty Lynch
Music & Lyrics by Charlie Maguire
Directed by Ron Peluso & Anya Kremenetsky
Choreography by Emily Michaels King
Musical Arrangements by Richard Kriehn
Musical Direction by Andrew Fleser
November 19–December 18, 2016
A timeless story of family told with humor and love
1889. Over 100,000 orphaned children were shipped by rail from the slums of New York City to farm families in the Midwest between 1858 and 1929. Orphan Train brings to life the struggles and joys of the children who landed in Minnesota and the families who took them in. This stirring folk musical follows a handful of children – a brother and sister who were separated, a tough boy and a spirited girl whose courage soars in the face of adversity, and an African-American girl who finds love in the home of a Buffalo Soldier’s family. Don’t miss this new look at a History Theatre classic that will tug at your heartstrings and entertain audiences of all ages with humor and love.
*Please note: Dynamic pricing applies for all Orphan Train performances.
- History Theatre's "Orphan Train" carries a sad cargo to a place of hope (Star Tribune, 11/23/16)
- History Theatre's "Orphan Train" knows how to pluck the heartstrings (Pioneer Press, 11/20/16)
- Train full of stories (Minnesota Playlist, 11/30/16)
- Hardship can be overcome and that good prevails (talkin'broadway.com, 11/25/16)
- Ton of heart...uplifting and inspiring (cherryandspoon, 11/28/16)
Watch interview and scenes from "Orphan Train"