History Theatre strives to make performances and special events accessible to all patrons.
When purchasing tickets, please alert the ticket reservationist of any accommodation or assistance needed.
- The wheelchair entrance to the building is located on Cedar Street, half way between 10th and Exchange Streets.
- There is an elevator immediately to the right of the Cedar Street entrance.
- There are seven accessible seats for wheelchairs and companions.
- The restrooms on the lower level have wheelchair-accessible amenities.
For patrons with limited mobility, or needing additional assistance with seating, there are 20 seats that can be reached without having to go up or down any stairs. These seats are located in Row K on the main floor of the theater.
History Theatre has a balcony; there are 15 stairs to get up to the balcony, there is no elevator access to the balcony.
There is a spare wheelchair in the box office should a patron need additional assistance.
Hearing enhancement receivers
- There are 23 hearing enhancement receivers for patron to use.
- Receivers are available in the lobby 30 minutes before the start of the show.
- Receivers are available on a first-come–first-served basis.
- Receivers are free of charge but a photo I.D. and a phone number are required to check them out.
American Sign Language and Audio Description
History Theatre provides ASL interpreted and Audio Described performances of each production.
- All the Way - Saturday, October 14 at 7:30 p.m.
- Coco’s Diary - Saturday, December 2 at 2:00 p.m.
- A Crack in the Sky - Sunday, February 18 at 2:00 p.m.
- Dance ‘til You Drop -Friday, March 30 at 7:30 p.m.
- Lord Gordon Gordon - Sunday, May 19 at 7:30 p.m.
Patrons using ASL or AD services can purchase half-priced tickets for themselves and up to three companions. Call the Box Office to make arrangements: 651-292-4323.
History Theatre provides Open Captioning performances of each production.
- All the Way - Saturday October 21 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, October 22 at 2:00 p.m.
- Coco’s Diary - Saturday, December 9 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, December 10, at 2:00 p.m.
- A Crack in the Sky - Saturday, February 24 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, February 25 at 2:00 p.m.
- Dance ‘til You Drop - Saturday, March 31 at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday, April 1 at 2:00 p.m.
- Lord Gordon Gordon - Saturday, May 26 at 7:30 p.m. Sunday, May 27 at 2:00 p.m.
History Theatre provides Braille playbills and large-print playbills for each production. Braille and large-print playbills are available at the box office before performances.
If you need additional services not listed on this page or for more information about any of these services, please contact Craig Cerrato at 651.292.4320.
History Theatre is a 2016 recipient of an ADA Access Improvement Grant from VSA Minnesota, with funds from the Metro Regional Arts Council. This activity is funded, in part, by the Arts and Cultural Heritage Fund as appropriated by the Minnesota State Legislature with money from the Legacy Amendment vote of the people of Minnesota on November 4, 2008.