- History Theatre is able to successfully meet its mission because of the generous contributions of time and energy from community volunteers. Volunteers provide excellent service as ushers and front-of-house staff, caring and capable attention during special events, and helping hands on projects large and small. In exchange, History Theatre provides training, ticket vouchers, and a volunteer appreciation event.
To receive more information about volunteer opportunities please fill out an online VOLUNTEER INTEREST form.
Volunteer and Internship Coordinator
Phone: 651.292.4323 x102
Ushering at History Theatre
Many individuals decide to support the History Theatre through the ushering program. Ushering for a full season allows volunteers to learn about the theatre so they can better serve our patrons.
The 2017-18 volunteer usher training sessions will take place:
- Wednesday, September 6th 6-8 pm
- Wednesday, October 11th 6-8 pm
- Wednesday, November 1st 6-8 pm
- Wednesday, January 31st 6-8 pm
- Wednesday, March 7th 6-8 pm
- Wednesday, April 25th 6-8 pm
- Wednesday, June 6th 6-8 pm
- Please sign up for one of these sessions by CLICKING HERE to send an email to Volunteer Coordinator, please state which date you would like to attend
- Usher training sessions take place at the History Theatre at 30 East 10th Street, St. Paul, MN 55101.
- All ushers need to attend a 1-hour training session every other year.
Please complete online VOLUNTEER INTEREST form before attending the training.
Other Volunteer Opportunities
Additionally the History Theatre has many other opportunities to volunteer for Events, Education/Community Outreach, Administrative/Clerical, and Marketing.